Creating a Job Requisition in Paycom
This is the universal system for managing employee training, performance, and discipline. Knowing how to use Paycom effectively can streamline your management of your team.
Creating a Requisition
Have a job to fill?
When you have an opening (someone quits or is terminated, or someone moves to a new job or changes shifts), follow these steps:
- Go to Paycom (Talent Acquisition > Applicant Tracking > Create or Manage Requisitions
- Click on the green “Create Requisition” button (top right of your screen.)
Now it is time to complete the requisition details!
- IMPORTANT: Select POSITION, not Job Template and click “Continue” when you see the Data Loss Message. Make sure that Position is selected. If not, re-select Job Template, and then Position again. We do not use Job Templates.
- Select items for each required (red asterisk) field. Leave others blank. Here are some TIPS:
- Only request ONE (1) position per requisition, to help us with tracking.
- Primary Recruiter = the person who will screen applications.
- Hiring Manager = the person who will interview (even if they are not the true Hiring Manager)
- Reports To = The primary supervisor in Paycom.
- Use Additional Comments to tell HR if you need additional help with advertising.
FINALLY: CLICK “SUBMIT” and the requisition will be forwarded to HR for approval.