Arbor Acres now offers a new way for you to access on-campus resident benefits and experience our rich campus life first hand while remaining in your own home.
The Arbor Acres Advantage Program allows Program individuals and couples still living in the Winston-Salem area to become residents of Arbor Acres without the requirement of making an immediate move to our campus.
Off-Campus Residents pay an established entrance fee and a monthly fee to cover costs associated with their residency. This entitles them to certain privileges associated with on-campus residency plus the security of priority access to Arbor Acres licensed care facilities when needed.
Enjoy living longer in your home while experiencing some of the health and life enriching opportunities Arbor Acres offers.
*Off-Campus Residents must be residents of Forsyth County or surrounding counties and meet the health and financial requirements.
Off-Campus Residency Benefits
With the Arbor Acres Advantage Program, you’ll have access to:
- In-patient care in Strickland Place for temporary or long-term care. Arbor Acres Nursing and Continuing Care Arts staff will assist with admission to and discharge from Arbor Acres licensed facilities, including quality skilled nursing and assisted living. Residents pay the standard per diem for residency beginning on the day of admission.
- Medicare-certified beds. After 30 days of residency in the program, residents may take advantage of their Medicare benefit.
- Arbor Acres Fitness Center. Enjoy consultation with our Wellness Coordinator, a variety of exercise and wellness classes, and development of a personal health and fitness plan.
- Arbor Acres dining and catering facilities. No monthly fees required. Pay for any food purchased on an inclining balance.
- Nursing consultation in the Perry Clinic. At no additional charge, residents may visit the Clinic as needed and receive support and guidance over the phone.
- Support and guidance during health care crises. Arbor Acres Continuing Care Arts staff will be available when needed for consultation and assistance with navigating the broader health care system. And, staff can arrange home care, such as CNA’s or sitters, if needed.
- Entertainment and recreational programs. Residents may attend any of the monthly activity, entertainment, academic, and recreational programs or events planned and published in the calendar in the Arbor Lamplighter.
- An annual health and wellness assessment. The assessment is designed to identify means of achieving the highest possible quality of overall well-being.
- Arbor Acres resident portal. Easy access to the resident directory, fitness class schedules, dining menus, wellness programs, and general information.
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Aquatics center with lap pool, exercise pool, and whirlpool
- Community garden
- Billiards and card rooms
- Art studio
- Putting green and croquet court
- Resident-run gift shop
- Indoor pickleball court
- Complete a standard admission application specifying the desire for the Arbor Acres Advantage Program and preferred choice(s) of residential accommodation when on campus residency is needed or desired.
- Must be capable of living safely and independently at home and meet all physical and health requirements to qualify to live independently in a residential (unlicensed) accommodation at Arbor Acres.
- Submit a financial statement and demonstrate financial capacity to qualify for full residency in their preferred on-campus accommodation.
To learn more, call Lynn Ross, director of Marketing, at 336.748.4645.