Arbor Acres recognizes and respects the privacy of our website users, including donors, applicants, volunteers, and staff. We are committed to the protection of your personal information.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
What do we use your information for?
The information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To respond to your inquires
- To invite you to events
- To personalize your experience
- To improve client service
- To improve our website
- To process transactions
- To send you emails and e-newsletters
The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates about Arbor Acres. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can update your email preferences through a link at the bottom of each email.
How do we collect contact information
We may collect information from you when you register on our website, subscribe to our e-newsletter, attend an event, respond to a survey, fill out a form, make a donation, or have an existing relationship with us.
How do we protect your information?
We implement strong security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access your personal information.
All sensitive information submitted to our website is secured via Secure Sockets Layer. Access to our internal databases is limited to authorized personnel, who are required to maintain the confidentially of the information they access.
How do we protect our donors’ privacy
In addition to the aforementioned general privacy protections, we offer our donors the following assurances.
- We will not sell, share, nor trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity.
- We will not send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
- We protect donors’ rights to privacy and anonymity. Those wishing anonymity may communicate this request to any Foundation staff member.
- Fund and donor names are published in our print and online communications, unless a donor chooses not to have his/her fund listed.
- We use industry standard safeguards to protect your information and are PCI compliant. We protect the security of credit card transactions using a number of measures such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, and physical security. These measures make it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept the credit card information you send to us. When we work with outside companies to process credit card transactions, those companies also use encryption and other appropriate security measures.
- Staff and Committee members sign the Foundation’s Confidentiality Policy annually, further protecting our donors’ privacy.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Your privacy is important to us. We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.We may also release your information when we believe release is proper to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
Arbor Acres website includes links to other external websites that do not fall under the Arbor Acres.com domain. Arbor Acres is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such external websites. If you choose to follow such links to external websites, you do so at your own risk.
Cookie and tracking policy
We may store information about you using cookies. Cookies are small data files stored on your computer’s (or other device’s) hard drive each time you visit a website. Cookies, including the cookies used on our website, allow us to recognize your computer and improve your experience by making your interaction with the website quicker, easier and more efficient. Cookies do not contain any personal or private information.
We also use Google Analytics to analyze the demographics and interests of users. You may prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Addon.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your browser to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about deleting or controlling cookies is available at the third-party website aboutcookies.org. We are not responsible for the content of any third-party website.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
A unique number called an IP address identifies every computer on the Internet. Each time you connect to the Internet your machine is assigned an IP address. An IP address is a number that identifies each sender or receiver of information that is sent across the Internet. The Winston-Salem Foundation collects log information that includes IP address and browser information. We use this data to troubleshoot and evaluate usage of our website and services.