LPN/RN 7p-7a Full Time 3/4 Rotating Every Other Weekend
Our LPN/RNs provide nursing care to residents according to physicians order and in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures. Our residents are considered low-acuity. Since we have a lower than average nurse to resident ratio, we strongly encourage our nurses to develop a good rapport with the residents. Building excellent relationships is a standard at Arbor Acres.
- Job Type: Arbor Acres
- Job Location: Arbor Acres Winston-Salem - Winston Salem, NC
- Position Type: Full Time
- Education Level: Registered Nurse / Licensed Practical Nurse
- Salary Range: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
- Travel Percentage: None
- Job Category: Health Care
Arbor Acres Offers an Excellent Benefit Package
- Competitive Salary
- Lower than average nurse to resident ratio (less stress)
- Two meals provided (free) each day for 12 hour shifts worked
- Medical, Dental & Vision (Flex Spending Accounts)
- Retirement Savings – 403(b) with additional contributions from Arbor Acres
- PTO, PTO Sell Back, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability
- Employee Scholarship Fund & Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Medial Clinic & Fitness Center
1. Reports to Nursing Manager/Supervisor.
2. Supervises work flow of CNAs.
LPN/RN Duties and Responsibilities
1. Directs, instructs, teaches, coaches, corrects and disciplines as appropriate the RAs and Medical Unit Secretaries in order to develop an effective team and assure the quality of work performed.
2. Verifies identity of residents receiving medications, mixes or assembles drugs, administers drugs to resident, observes ingestion and records on MAR.
3. Documents effectiveness of PRN drug on MAR.
4. Maintains up-to-date medical records of care given. Documents reasons for which prescribed drugs are not administered, i.e. resident away from building, etc.
5. Assists with assessment of resident needs.
6. Assists with admissions, discharges and transfers as necessary.
7. Collects and communicates information on resident conditions.
8. Assures accountability for controlled drugs.
9. Reports supply needs to appropriate personnel.
10. Reports pharmaceutical needs to appropriate personnel.
11. Performs tasks as assigned, including but not limited to, the following:
a. dresses wounds, gives enemas and douches.
b. applies hot and cold compresses as needed.
c. operates EKG, suctioning equipment and O2 equipment.
d. obtains specimens for laboratory.
e. performs venipuncture.
12. Performs duties and/or tasks that may be assigned on an as-needed basis by the Director of Nursing or another authorized supervisor.
LPN/RN Typical Physical Demands
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. without mechanical assistance.
- Must be able to push residents that weigh up to 200 lbs. in a wheelchair.
- Must be able to turn, bend, stoop and stretch in order to assist patients/residents.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to successfully complete the WorkSTEPS Functional Testing program. This program assists in determining whether applicants/employees are able to safely perform essential job functions.