Arbor Acres is all about people and the relationships we form with our wonderful residents, dedicated administration and staff, caring volunteers, and an involved Board of Directors and Resident Council.
All of these people work together to assure the friendly spirit, unsurpassed comfort, and fulfilling purpose of this wonderful community.
Arbor Acres is organized under the North Carolina Non-Profit Corporation Act and is affiliated with the Western North Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Arbor Acres is the only organization in Winston-Salem accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities-Continuing Care Accreditation Commission (CARF). For more information click here.
Arbor Acres is a member of LeadingAge North Carolina, formerly the North Carolina Association of Non-Profit Homes for the Aging (NCANPHA).
We owe our success to the active, passionate and engaged members of our Board of Directors and Resident Council.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors governs Arbor Acres, sets policy, and advises the Arbor Acres management team. Board members supply a wealth of diverse experience and perspectives. Residents and family members of residents serve on the Board to assure Arbor Acres remains attuned to its customers.
- Pamela H. Ball, Chair, Retired, Textile and Apparel Consultant
- John W. Willingham, Chair Elect, President Indera Mills
- Victoria Hunt, Vice Chair, Registered Nurse
- Florence P. Corpening, Secretary, Retired Executive Director, Gateway YWCA
- Susan S. Schwartz, Treasurer, Executive Director, The Cemala Foundation
- Arthur L. Bloom, Executive and Business Coach
- Dr. Dudley C. Chandler, Jr., Resident, Retired Periodontist
- Courtney H. Douglas, Business Co-Owner
- Christin M. Dunn, Accountant
- Susan C. Elster, Philanthropic Advisor, Winston-Salem Foundation
- Donald F. Eppert, Resident
- Cynthia S. Graham, Executive Director, Strickland Family Foundation
- David C. Hinton, CPA, Business Owner
- Dr. Vincent W. Howell, Pastor
- Kaye P. Lambert, Retired Educator
- Jack Lauer, CFO, Pine Hall Brick Company
- Carroll McCullough, Resident
- J. William McGuinn, Retired President, First Citizens Bank
- Drewry H. Nostitz, Philanthropist, Community Supporter and Volunteer
- Chris Pierce, VP IT/CIO, Forsyth Technical COmmunity College
- J. Hill Stockton, President, Norman Stockton
- Wendy Walker-Fox, Executive Director, Piedmont Triad Regional Workforce Development Board
- John W. Willingham, President, Indera Mills
“I believe Arbor Acres has a bright future. As Board Chair, it was an exciting challenge to be a part of shaping that future.
We are fortunate to have not only a committed Board, but also our talented staff who believe inour mission of allowing residents to live life fully in a beautiful setting.”
- Bishop Paul L. Leeland, Residing Bishop, Western NC Annual Conference
- The Rev. Dr. Sam Moore, District Superintendent, Yadkin Valley District
- Frank Rayburn, Resident Council Presiden
- Andrew W. Applegate, President/Chief Executive Officer, Arbor Acres
“Our gifts and hopes are many as we move forward as a vibrant community appreciating our heritage, while preparing for the future at Arbor Acres.”
-Vicki Hunt, Former Board Chair
The Resident Council is composed of representatives who provide information to residents and give voice to their concerns, ideas, perspectives, and needs.
The Council works closely with Arbor Acres’ administration and Board of Directors to assure active resident involvement in decisions that impact resident life. The President of the Resident Council serves as a full member of the Arbor Acres Board of Directors.
Many of the activities of the Council occur through resident committees, which provide opportunities for residents to engage actively in the life and governance of Arbor Acres. The Resident Council committees include:
- Dining Services
- Live and Learn
- Resident Life Enrichment
- Welcome Team
Resident Council Officers
A strong and active Resident Council is vital to the health of the Arbor Acres community.
- Frank Rayburn, President (second from left)
- Bill Sayers, Vice President (far left)
- Judy Reeder, President-Elect (second from right)
- Eddie Stubbins, Secretary/Treasurer (far right)