LPN/RN 7a-7p Full Time 3/4 Rotating Every Other Weekend Sign-On Bonus $2,500
Our LPNs/RNs provide nursing care to residents according to physicians order and in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures in our Assisted Living, Memory Care and/or Skilled departments. Our residents are considered low-acuity. Since we have a lower than average nurse to resident ratio, we strongly encourage our nurses to develop a good rapport with the residents. Building excellent relationships is a standard at Arbor Acres Retirement Community (Winston-Salem).
- Job Type: Arbor Acres
- Job Location: Arbor Acres Winston-Salem - Winston Salem, NC
- Position Type: Full Time
- Education Level: Licensed Practical Nurse
- Salary Range: Competitive Salary + Sign-on Bonus
- Travel Percentage: Zero
- Job Category: Health Care
Arbor Acres Offers an Excellent Benefit Package
- Sign-On Bonus + Competitive Salary
- Additional Shift & Weekend Differentials
- Lower than average Nurse/C.N.A to resident ratio (less stress)
- Two meals provided (free) each day for 12 hour shifts worked
- One meal provided (free) each day for 8 hour shifts worked
- Medical, Dental & Vision (Flex Spending Accounts)
- Retirement Savings – 403(b) with additional contributions from Arbor Acres
- Example: Employee contributes 3%; Arbor Acres will contribute 6%
- PTO, PTO Sell Back, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability
- Employee Scholarship Fund & Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Medial Clinic & Fitness Center
- Reports to Nursing Manager/Supervisor.
- Supervises work flow of CNAs.
LPN/RN Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs, instructs, teaches, coaches, corrects and disciplines as appropriate the RAs and Medical Unit Secretaries in order to develop an effective team and assure the quality of work performed.
- Verifies identity of residents receiving medications, mixes or assembles drugs, administers drugs to resident, observes ingestion and records n MAR.
- Documents effectiveness of PRN drug on MAR.
- Maintains up-to-date medical records of care given. Documents reasons for which prescribed drugs are not administered, i.e. resident away from building, etc.
- Assists with assessment of resident needs.
- Assists with admissions, discharges and transfers as necessary.
- Collects and communicates information on resident conditions.
- Assures accountability for controlled drugs.
- Reports supply needs to appropriate personnel.
- Reports pharmaceutical needs to appropriate personnel.
- Performs tasks as assigned, including but not limited to, the following:
-dresses wounds, gives enemas and douches
-applies hot and cold compresses as needed
-operates EKG, suctioning equipment and O2 equipment
-obtains specimens for laboratory
- Performs duties and/or tasks that may be assigned on an as-needed basis by the Director of Nursing or another authorized supervisor.
- Bilingual a plus, but not required
LPN/RN Typical Physical Demands:
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. without mechanical assistance.
- Must be able to push residents that weigh up to 200 lbs. in a wheelchair.
- Must be able to turn, bend, stoop and stretch in order to assist patients/residents.Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to successfully complete the WorkSTEPS Functional Testing program. This program assists in determining whether
- applicants/employees are able to safely perform essential job functions.