Home Care Aide
Providing hands-on personal care to residents.
- Job Location: Arbor Acres Winston-Salem - Winston Salem, NC
- Position Type: PRN
- Education Level: High School
- Job Category: Health Care
Responsibilities of the home care aide include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Providing hands-on personal care including:
- Changing bed linen
- Assisting patients with dressing and undressing
- Skin care to prevent breakdown
- Assisting the patient with toileting activities
- Keeping patient’s living area clean and orderly, as appropriate
- Running errands as requested.
2. Planning and preparing nutritious meals.
3. Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care.
4. Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
5. Assisting patient in the self-administration of medication (med reminders).
6. Doing patient’s laundry, as appropriate.
7. Meeting safety needs of patients and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, etc.).
8. Reporting on patient’s condition and significant changes to the assigned nurse.
9. Adhering to the Organization’s documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.