RN Clinical Manager (Home Care)
Manages the provision of clinical nursing services and supports physician services to residents that partake in Home Care services. Manages the provision of clinical services for employee health. Responds to Home Care clinical needs.
- Job Type: Arbor Acres
- Job Location: Arbor Acres Winston-Salem - Winston Salem, NC
- Position Type: Nursing Arts - RN
- Education Level: Registered Nurse - 4 Year Degree
- Job Category: Health Care
- Reports to: Director of Home Care
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician. Provides direct patient care as defined in the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Director of Home Care and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload. Will work closely with the Director of Continuing Care for IL.
- Prepares weekly med boxes and delivery for residents who receive this service. Educates the residents on any new medications that are ordered.
- Supervises the Home Care Sitters and provides disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every 90 days.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. without mechanical assistance.
- Must be able to push residents that weigh up to 200 lbs. in a wheelchair.
- Must be able to turn, bend, stoop and stretch in order to assist patients/residents.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to successfully complete the WorkSTEPS Functional Testing program. This program assists in determining whether applicants/employees are able to safely perform essential job functions.