LPN/RN 7p-7a FT Depps/Pleasant (Fri/Sat/Sun) Sign-On Bonus $5,000
Provides nursing care to residents according to physician's order and in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures.
- Job Type: Arbor Acres
- Job Location: Arbor Acres Winston-Salem - Winston Salem, NC
- Position Type: Full Time
- Education Level: Licensed Practical Nurse
- Salary Range: Competitive Hourly Rate + Sign-on Bonus
- Job Category: Health Care
Sign-On Bonus $5,000
- Reports to Nursing Manager/Supervisor.
- Supervises work flow of RA’s.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, instructs, teaches, coaches, corrects and disciplines as appropriate the RAs and Medical Unit Secretaries in order to develop an effective team and assure the quality of work performed.
- Verifies identity of residents receiving medications, mixes or assembles drugs, administers drugs to resident, observes ingestion and records on MAR.
- Documents effectiveness of PRN drug on MAR.
- Maintains up-to-date medical records of care given. Documents reasons for which prescribed drugs are not administered, i.e. resident away from building, etc.
- Assists with assessment of resident needs.
- Assists with admissions, discharges and transfers as necessary.
- Collects and communicates information on resident conditions.
- Assures accountability for controlled drugs.
- Reports supply needs to appropriate personnel.
- Reports pharmaceutical needs to appropriate personnel.
- Performs tasks as assigned, including but not limited to, the following: 1) Dresses wounds, gives enemas and douches 2) Applies hot and cold compresses as needed 3) Operates EKG, suctioning equipment and O2 equipment 4) Obtains specimens for laboratory 5) Performs venipuncture
- Performs duties and/or tasks that may be assigned on an as-needed basis by the Director of Nursing or another authorized supervisor.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. without mechanical assistance.
- Must be able to push residents that weigh up to 200 lbs. in a wheelchair.
- Must be able to turn, bend, stoop and stretch in order to assist patients/residents.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to successfully complete the WorkSTEPS Functional Testing program. This program assists in determining whether applicants/employees are able to safely perform essential job functions.